Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette about four former staffers for former U.S. Rep.Thaddeus McCotter (R).
The staffers were charged with falsifying election petitions and are charged with misdemeanors, including election law forgery, conspiracy to commit a legal act in an illegal manner and falsely signing a nominating petition.
Schuette said the same cut/paste method and forging of signatures could have occurred during the petition for the 2008 election.
McCotter, who resigned in July in light of the scandal, has not been linked to the fraud and was not charged.
- thbrogan likes this
- nextinoffice likes this
- news-junkie reblogged this from 2012swingstates
- save-the-world-one-day-at-a-time likes this
- electoraldysfunction likes this
- tamydasdas likes this
- ne0nunicorn likes this
- houses-that-are-foreclosed-chica reblogged this from 2012swingstates
- houses-that-are-foreclosed-chica likes this
- This was featured in #Politics
- 2012swingstates posted this